Taking the Birthing World by Calm...
HypnoBirthing® focuses on harnessing the mind-body connection to facilitate easy, gentle birthing. The premise of HypnoBirthing® is that women’s bodies are perfectly designed to give birth and that fear and tension (not nature’s design) cause pain in childbirth and often unnecessary intervention and complication.
Childbirth is a normal, healthy biological event that all mammals experience (most with very little fuss); however, we have inherited a legacy of fear and are part of a culture that perpetuates the myth that childbirth is an agonizing, painful event that we must endure and survive. As a result, many women anticipate childbirth with a tremendous amount of fear, resistance, and misinformation. But there is a much better way!
HypnoBirthing® seeks to re-educate women to understand nature’s design, to trust their bodies and their babies, and to silence the culture of fear, understanding that their bodies are perfectly designed for birth. If we can learn to eliminate the fear and instead approach birth with confidence and calm, then our birthing experience will be easier, safer, and more comfortable.
Benefits of HypnoBirthing®:
- The average HypnoBirthing® birth is >50% shorter than other births
- Reduces and often eliminates fatigue during labor
- Reduces the incidence of preterm labor by 67%
- Results in fewer breach presentations by 45%
- Reduces and may eliminate the need for chemical painkillers and drugs
- Lower incidence of induction and usage of Pitocin for speeding up labor
- Fewer episiotomies
- A lower incidence of cesarean section by approximately 60%
- Teaches breathing techniques that allow a woman to gently breathe her baby into the world without the hard, physical pushing, which often results in tearing and the need for sutures.